HOME MEAL DIARIES

                             MY DAILY MEAL

So basically I'm from Bihar. And like the other North-Indian people are fond of heavy meals, so are the people of Bihar. We have plate full of roti or rice, daal, vegetable curries, salad, raita, chutney, papad, fryums and many a times, different sweets. So these much varieties are there in a Bihari Thaali. But every person has an own appetite and I don't think that today's generation has the tendency to digest this much food. 
                                                     


As I live in Bihar, there is a huge diversity in vegetables. So I get to have different vegetable curries daily. My day usually starts with a light breakfast. It includes chapati or parantha, gobhi, chana, matar, paneer or aloo-chole, aloo-parval, aloo-lauki. Aloo is normally common in our breakfast. My breakfast also includes stuffed Paranthas like my favourite Aloo parantha, gobhi parantha, or sattu parantha. Or else if my mom wants to make some different breakfast other than the daily plain ones, then she makes Chole-bhature, poori-sabzi, litti-chokha or the cuisines from different states like Dhokla, Idli-sambhar or dosa. 
     

           
For my lunch, (by the way I skip lunch many a times because I eat fruits) but whenever my mood says to have the lunch, I eat Daal and Rice and any vegetable which my mom has made. They include Masala okra, fried okra or eggplant curry or shallow-fried eggplant slices. Or the things I've mentioned in the breakfast are probably there. Otherwise, when it is the season of leafy veggies, I eat them with Daal and rice. On saturdays, my mom makes Khichdi which I find very delicious along with coriander chutney, tomato chutney, aachaar, papad and yogurt.
 

In the evenings, before I sometimes used to eat something from outside Samosa, kachori, etc. But since this COVID has came to our lives, I've started eating home snacks like Popcorn, makhana, maggi made at home, etc. 


Dinners usually contain Green vegetables and roti. Or the above mentioned Breakfast things. I usually crave for sweets at the night time. Then I drink milk and sleep.

                                                   

So this was my daily Food. I hope you got to explore something new about the culture of my state.
                          



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTHIER FOOD, BETTER YOU

THE GROWTH OF FAST FOOD CHAINS

THE FRAGRANCE OF INDIA