THE VEGETARIAN MEAT

                          SOYA CHAAP


In my Childhood, like when I was 10 or 11 years old, there was a restaurant named Punjabi Rasoi where they served the best soya chaap masala gravy. In my locality or I can say in my City at that time, I think Punjabi Rasoi was the only restaurant that had Soya chaap. But 3-4 years later, the restaurant got shut for some reason. Since then till 7 years, I didn't get the opportunity to eat Soya Chaap anywhere in Patna probably because it wasn't available at much places. Despite being a non-vegetarian person, I love to feast on Soyabean and Paneer because they are the only support when Non-veg food is not available. So for many days, I really missed Soya chaap. I ate many varieties made from soyabean but they were not as satisfying as Soya Chaap. 
                      
One day, my cousin and I got into talking and I discovered that Punjabi Rasoi was back in my locality. He said that he has already eaten Soya Chaap from there 4 to 5 times. He ordered it that day also and offered it to me. But because of COVID, my parents have denied to eat outside food. So I didn't eat it that day with a very heavy heart. Today, he was talking about it again and I couldn't resist myself and asked him to order Soya Chaap. I also found out that there were several varieties rather than just the Masala Soya Chaap. He ordered two plates of Afghani Soya Chaap and when I ate it, I got mesmerized by the taste of it. Not only did it remind me of the old chaap, I got a new variety of the recipe of soya chaap after eating it. So I'm gonna share two recipes of Soya Chaap with you guys. First I'll be telling you how to make Soya Chaap Sticks at home which have the same texture as of the market. Then I'll be sharing the method of Afghani Soya Chaap and Cocktail Soya chaap.

SOYA CHAAP STICKS~
Making Soya Chaap sticks is a simple task. You just have to take 1-1 cup each of Soyabean Dal and Soyabean chunks. Soak them overnight separately and in the morning, grind a fine paste out of them. Mix them together. Take Maida or Atta and mix them into the Soya paste to make a dough. Then roll the dough and cut long but a little wide strips of them and roll them into Ice cream sticks and boil them in water until the rawness of them goes away.
   
 After they are done you can refrigerate them in an air tight bag and use them.

Now let's move to our Soya Chaap recipes.

1. AFGHANI SOYA CHAAP- This one takes a little more effort and time to be prepared. But it turns out very delicious. It is meant to be a little sweet.

     INGREDIENTS:
Soya Chaap- 6 sticks
Onion- 2 cubed
Bell peppers- 2 cups cubed
Tomatoes- 1 cup cubed
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Curd- 1½ cup
Cream- 1 cup
Mayonnaise- 2 cup
Salt- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tsp powdered
Black salt- 1 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder- 1/4th tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Chaat masala- 1 tsp
Aamchur powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Skewers- as required 

    METHOD:
Take the Soya Chaap stick and remove the ice cream sticks from them. Now slice the Soya Chaaps into medium pieces. Take mustard oil in a pan for deep frying the chaaps. Fry them until they get golden brown. Now put them in a bowl. In another bowl take mustard oil, curd (which should be whisked), cream, mayonnaise(1 tbsp), salt, black salt, Black pepper powder, Red Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Chaat masala, Aamchur powder and Garam masala and mix them properly. Now put the fried soya chaaps and the vegetables into the mixture. Mix well. Now insert the soya chaaps and the veggies into the skewers and char them on direct flame until they become smoky. At last,  remove the soya chaaps from the skewers and mix them with the remaining Mayonnaise. Your creamy Afghani Chaap is ready. Serve them with Coriander chutney.

2. COCKTAIL SOYA CHAAP- This one is a little easier and spicier than the Afghani one. So for the people who like Chatpata food, this one is the better choice in chaaps.
                      
 
     INGREDIENTS:
Soya Chaap- 6 sticks
Onion- 2 cubed
Bell peppers- 2 cups cubed
Tomatoes- 1 cup cubed
Cream- 2 cup
Mayonnaise- 2 cup
Schezwan Chutney- 1 cup
Salt- 1 tsp
Black salt- 1 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp

    METHOD:
Take the Soya Chaap stick and remove the ice cream sticks from them. Now slice the Soya Chaaps into medium pieces. Take mustard oil in a pan for deep frying the chaaps. Fry them until they get golden brown. Now put them into a bowl. Take a bowl and put the cream, mayonnaise, schezwan chutney, salt, black salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder into it. Mix them properly and put the fried soya chaaps into the mixture and coat them well. Garnish the  Cocktail Chaap with Oregano and Chilli flakes. Bon appetit.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTHIER FOOD, BETTER YOU

THE GROWTH OF FAST FOOD CHAINS

THE FRAGRANCE OF INDIA